Saturday, May 30, 2009

A lesson to learn...

On February mom got chikungunya. Chikungunya is a disease caused by aedes mosquitoes. This disease will become worst for older people in which it will attack the joints and the patient couldn't walk nor stand...As far as I'm concerned this is not yet a deadly disease in Malaysia.

Back to the story, mom couldn't stand nor walk due to the joints ache. My dad needs to assist her to the toilet etc.and she had to sit on the chair to perform her prayer (pity her). I was introduced to this sengsei medicine (chinese herbs) which could cured the joints ache and most effectively works on chikungunya patient. I'll check the medicine for its registration number with kementerian kesihatan Malaysia, plus it is sengsei so..I shouldn't worry of its ingredients as it surely made from herbs (that was what I thought...).So I gave mom a try, and Alhamdulillah with Allah's willing it worked...

Mom called me and told on how effectively the medicine worked on her, she couldn't hardly felt the ache plus she felt so healthy. I felt so relief at that time...she suggested the medicine to my dad as well, and both of them were using it til now...

Lately, mom told me that she has a big appetite for foods (it's weird for her actually) and she gained more than 5kg per month. All her baju kurung can't fit her and I told her to care for her foods since she got darah tinggi. Same goes to dad...

Yesterday mom called and mentioned that, she felt so weak that she couldn't walk fast nor for a long distance as she will become semput. Her heart also beating fast...Even walking for a short distance she'll semput and tired.So, she went to the pharmacy to check her blood pressure. However, the blood pressure was normal so she asked the pharmacist what could have been the reason, and he told her that she might taken some medicine. So, mom told her bout the medicine she took for her joint ache and the pharmacist mentioned that, the medicine was not registered with KKM. He explained, that the medicine was not actually chinese herbs and it will lead to kidney malfunction, and my mom's big appetite was due to the medicine as well. He asked mom to check the medicine with KKM and I'll checked it online. To my surprised the medicine was not registered with KKM. Previously, I was just read the registered number at the bottle and believed what I saw..:(((

So, the lessons to learn here are:
  1. Always look for the registration number at the bottle, and checked before you buy it>>>http://202.144.202.76/bpfk/product_search.cfm.This is the official website of KKM.
  2. Never trust any sengsei/herbs whatsoever as we don't actually knew the real ingredients used to make the medicine.Please be extra cautious...
  3. Always seek for the qualified Doc advise before presume any supplement/herbs.
  4. The best way is turn to our Sunnah Food, and maintain our food intake...
That was the invaluable lesson for me to learn.

No comments: