Saturday, January 16, 2010

Doughnut

Today recipe is Doughnut and this is my first trial on doughnut making:)) The process is exactly similar as bread or pizza. The only different is the way it's cooked (bake or deep fry). Fortunately my first trial was not bad, as the doughnut turned out to be yummy (perasan lagi!!). However, I dream of my doughnut to be similar as Big Apple (ye la tuh!!). So, for those who wanna try, here's the recipe:

Ingredient
500g flour (high protein or doughnut's flour)
250ml water
11g instant dried yeast
5g bread improver (optional)
1 egg
5 g salt
40g sugar
25g butter/margerine
25g shortening (optional)
25g milk powder
1/2 tsp baking powder

Methods
The steps were similar to pizza making as explained in my previous post, so checkout the post ok:)))

Dough before and after proofing. The pic wasn't accurately taken.
Actually you can see the dough had double of its volume...


Molding...


I used chocolate as its topping. Gone within second:)))

Mama: Abang sedap tak doughnut mama?
Abang: Sedap!!!
Alisa: Sedap!!
Mama: Sedap banyak ke sedap sikit (still not satisfied with the comment, nak suruh puji melambung lah nih...)
Aiman: Sedap banyak
Alisa : Sedap banyak

However the texture still can't compete with Big Apple (nak lawan lah kengkononnya):(( So I'll find a way to come out with the same texture and taste, Insyallah...