Saturday, June 27, 2009

2nd OTI

I went to Aiman's school today for an appointment with his teacher regarding his second OTI result. The result was not impressive, he failed to maintain his first OTI marks. He got around 60plus for his math, science and english. I was told by his teacher that he is an active student in class not to mention he is the penolong ketua darjah:)) However, at home he is totally a different person...

I keep reminding myself not to push him as he is only 7 yrs old.However, if he want to stay in the first class (2 Ariff) next year, he needs to maintain a good marks. Why is it important for him to be in the first class?? That is how our education is like...:(( Being in the first class means that you'll enjoy the privilege of having a full attention from the teachers, learning mandarin (for his school) and every extras will be given to those in the first class.

It makes me realized even if I don't want to push him, I still have to follow the current system cause I'm part of the system:((( As a solution, I still need to push him to meet the standard...

Recalled my school's memory, things were not that complicated at that time...We had plenty of time to play, study and enjoy our kids time to the fullest. What happen to our education system?? Something should be done to the system as not to only stress on the academic but also to their inner value; some balance between academic and religious study as well as social activities...

No comments: