Friday, November 20, 2009

Adam allergic

It's been a while since my last time posting to this blog:))) During this inactive period so many unexpected and haru biru incidents happened, and surely be the headline of the week!!! and it's all about my baby Adam...

Adam had a mild fever on Sunday night, at first I thought it was due to the uncertain weather, so I gave him 3ml of paracetamol and his fever gone, relief...I told hubby on the phone that Adam having a mild fever and nothing to worry .

Coming back from work on Monday, noticed his temperature rose and he had a mild fever again with few red spots on his leg.Thought it probably a normal rash and gave him another dose of paracetamol and the temperature went down again...I woke up at night as Adam hadn't sleep,he cried 'ata,ata,ata' (ata=gatal) and asked me to scratch for him and he's having a mild fever again.The red spots were obvious and had been spreading on his legs,stomach as well as his face....Ohhh!!! it must be measles then...(as what I've thought) and the red spots look like heavy rashes covering his body.


Started with some red spots which turned out to be a severe allergic...

I took a day off on Tuesday to monitor his measles...Cal
led our family Dr. and described Adam's condition. He told me to monitor his fever, as he afraid that it might be dengue or virus fever. If the fever was not ok within 24hours, he advised that I went to the hospital for blood test (Oh! God, hope this is just measles as I expected:((( ).

In the afternoon I noticed that the 'measles' turn to ben
gkak at some parts of his body (which I thought might be due to scratches, as Adam told 'ata' 'ata' as he scratching the measles). I called hubby and told bout Adam's worse condition and hubby asked me to phone the Dr. again. Dr. asked me to seek expert advise for blood test and further treatment. So, I rushed Aiman, Alisa and my maid to get dress as we'll be going to KMC which is about an hour driving.We reached KMC at 1.40pm.

At 2.15 pm we met the pediatrician, Dr Yeo. At the time Adam's condition was worst with the red spots all over his body and covered his face!!! Once Dr. saw Adam, he said it was 'allergic gegata'. It maybe caused by food, wrong medicine or due to high fever.However, from my story he suspected it was due to food, which at that time I can't remember any 'unusual' food Adam has had before.So, he advised Adam to be warded for close monitoring, which I was kind of expected...and a teary scene was about to begin...

The nurse told me to wait as there was no room available,fully booked!!! so, ok la... I waited and it was 2.30pm.Almost 4pm, we were still patiently waiting, with Aiman and Alisa running and playing which was annoying as all the other patients were looking at us due to the noise they're making, Adam started to feel unease and the itchiness was unbearable, and the bengkak can be clearly seen.Some of the bengkak had turn to bluish. He started to cry, I felt uncomfortable as some of the patients were eying Adam and I knew the pity look they had for him...

I checked with the nurse for our room and with the guilty feeling, she told me the room was still not ready.I knew that she felt bad for me and tried her best to locate the room, thanks to her best effort! despite of the overwhelming frustration I had:))...

Thus,I decided to go to the mall which was situated just beside the hospital for a walk while waiting to be warded.So we went to makan2 at one of the fast food restaurant (I haven't had anything since morning!!!). After finished our lunch cum dinner, we went to the bookstore as it is kids fav. place
and I knew time'll flew fast in there. So, Aiman and Alisa went bersepah2 looking for their books and I asked Adam to choose him too. Even Adam enjoyed being in the bookstore as he didn't throw his tantrum and eagerly looking for his book, Alhamdulillah, felt half of the burden was gone at that time...At least everybody forgot for a while about the exhaustion waiting session. After each of us found our books, we went back to hospital as I hoped the room should be ready...

"Akak, sori sangat, bilik akak kita dah book, tapi patient still tak keluar lagi.Akak tunggu sekejap eekkk, saya pun dah tak tahu nak buat apa..."

Hearing the words, made me felt tired,
frustrated and I really wanted to cry!!!!!! So, here again I waited...At 6pm, the nurse told me:

"Akak, kita pergi A&E room dulu lah, Dr. nak amik darah"

So, we went there, and waited again...:((( I couldn't stop thinking, why were the hospital's management were sooo bad...they should allocated more rooms,bla...bla...bla (really can't help it!!!)Then, the Dr. arrived, and directed me to the A&E room for blood taking and needle insertion for his medication later ...Dr. stopped me from accompanying Adam, maybe he saw my tense and crying face kot (due to long waiting...).

So, I waited outside the room (the door was close yaaa...) Not longer a
fter that, I heard Adam's loud crying and listened to that was unbearable...but still managed to control the tears from coming out...After about 15minutes, they called me to take Adam out...Adam was crying non-stop, I was really touched and started to feel tears running out from my eyes...

"akit..akit...akit ma..." Adam cried (akit=sakit)

I tried to persuaded him, but he refused and continuously crying.I noticed that he was actually screaming,akit..akit...akit sort of unconscious.I can't afford anymore but crying with him...I don't care others looking at me, I really don't care!!!

After another waiting session with Adam and me crying together, I received a call from the ward saying that the room was ready, so we went there. When I arrived at the room, I was confused as I saw bags and other belongings on the bed.So, I asked them whether the room was mine, and they told me:

"Sorry, akak, waktu saya telefon akak tu, saya ingat akak duduk kat Terengganu (they thought I went back to kemaman while waiting for the room, which I wouldn't do!!!), rupanya akak dah ada kat dalam hospital ni. So, kita tak sempat kemas lagi barang patient yg sebelum ni (they were in the process of transferring the prev. patient to the next room)".

I knew they noticed me crying and I can't afford showing any 'sweet' face anymore...Adam was still crying and sometimes screaming...and fortunately the pediatrician was there visiting his patient. I can see his guilty feeling, since he saw me waited everywhere!!! and nothing he can do about it!!! So, h e asked the nurse to locate us at the special waiting room (the room is provided for ICU patient's family).

"Let the baby playing in there with the air conditioned room, so that he'll feel better" he said.

And we were waiting again, but this time it was much,much better, thanks to him!!! Adam had stop crying, he started to play with Alisa, putting a big smile on his face...sigh...


Waiting in the special room...

Finally, at 7pm, our suffering period ended, the room was ready.We settled down and a while later Adams's medication started...Hubby arrived at 10.30 from Kuala Terengganu.

needle insertion...Adam exhausted


We stayed in the hospital for 3 days, and discharged on Friday... Dr. remind us that the allergi
c might come back and thus we have to be extra careful with his food and next time if it happen again make sure he receives an early treatment...I'll surely remember that, as I can't bear facing the same situation again...

Adam after has been fully recovered...started discovering:)))


Alisa's welcome home gift for mama.
A pic of a happy mama coming home from hospital and mama's fav high heel...uhuks


Aiman's welcome home gift for mama with self made envelope.
An arrow showing the opening part. With a special note for mama "Selamat pulang ke hostal (hostal=hospital) which he meant as selamat pulang ke rumah.A picture of animals in zoo...apa kaitan with me coming home from hospital!!!!






1 comment:

suria said...

siannya adam...tapi kalau allergic, lambut betul onset dia. pening kepala nak tau makanan apa kan?